Wednesday, April 28, 2010

USB speakers

I'm giving up on trying to configure my Creative Labs sound card or motherboard's sound card for now. I've bookmarked a ton of pages to an "ALSA" folder, so I'll try it again eventually. For now, my USB speakers work just fine.

I was also going to try installing plain Debian earlier, but I found out that you can't install more than four primary partitions on a drive. I have:

1) Windows 7
2) The recovery partition for Windows (it came like this when I bought the computer from HP)
3) CrunchBang 9.04
4) An extended partition with the swap partition for all other Linux partitions on the drive

You can only have four primary partitions, but if one of them is an extended partition, then you can have multiple primaries under that. Unfortunately, my only extended partition only has the swap partition, so there's no space for anything else. CrunchBang is adjacent to the extended partition, so I'll try shrinking CrunchBang a little to expand the extended one. Hopefully I'll then be able to make another primary to try install Debian.

My friend Chris was going to have his ring dunk this Friday night, but moved it a few hours ago to Saturday night, when I'll be in Fort Worth for the final leg of the Finnish Metal Tour. Not too sure what's gonna happen now.

1 comment:

  1. hmmmmmm, thats interesting about the # of partitions on your hard drive not being able to exceed a certain amount. never knew that, but i guess makes sense. sorry dude, im sure youll get it workin to allow debian on there. good luck.

    chris moved his ring dunk! shame :(

    p.s.: oh yeah, and thank you for using labels on your posts, hahahaha, i was like, "where the heck do you add those??!? they look so cool and helpful to the reader!!" hahahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete