Thursday, March 25, 2010

this week's been hell

Another quick update here. I'm gonna try to make more frequent and concise updates from now on so they're not as hard to read and so this follows the CJP instructions more closely; so far I've only made two posts here, and I should be doing them at least weekly. Oh well, nothing anything I can do about that other than make more posts from now on. I also should have been actively documenting my attendance for every lecture, which I wasn't even aware of until the professor reminded us during class. Honestly, I'm also making this post b/c there's a check on the CJP later today. On that note, I think this blog will now be my only element of the CJP, but I plan to submit my two audio logs as well.

I've attended every lecture to date except the lecture on 3/11/2010, the Thursday before Spring Break. Two of my friends, one of whom, Lee DeBoom, is also taking ENDS 101, decided to go to the biannual Lost and Found Auction hosted by MSC Hospitality. One of my friends bought a handful of USB sticks, and Lee considered buying one of the many lost phones. The highlight of the event was one man winning a Nintendo DS Lite, an iRiver, and a suede jacket, among several other things. We left the auction at around 12:15PM, so there wouldn't have been any time to make it back to the ENDS lecture. I'll try to remember to record which lectures I attend or don't attend.

During the lecture this Tuesday, 3/23/10, only half of my attention was on the lecture; the other half was focused on finishing my Operating Systems assignment, which I actually finished later that day after the lecture. Anyway, I remember the lecture was a continuation of a previous one, about what you need to be creative, which boils down to Learning, Looking, Asking, and Trying.

As for this post's title, this week has been Hell because the OS assignment I just mentioned was originally due Monday night, so I stayed up until 5AM Monday morning and woke up at 9AM, only to find out in class that it was pushed ahead to Wednesday night. I had to meet with my Software Engineering group Monday evening to finish our project demonstration for our Requirements and Bug Tracking software, which we haven't actually started coding yet. Last night I finished up the OS assignment, Programming Languages assignment (which isn't done yet, and has been pushed ahead to be due Thursday night instead of Wednesday), studying for the Microcomputer Systems exam I had yesterday afternoon, which went pretty poorly, and I've been studying for my Programming Languages exam that I have later today. This evening, I'll be meeting with my Software Engineering group to start coding for our project. Friday evening I'll be meeting with my Microcomputer Systems group to finish up our lab that was due Monday and draw up the Bill of Materials for our final project. I'm also a little stressed about not having heard back from anymore of the companies that I've interviewed with.

The sad thing is that I would be looking forward to The Big Event on Saturday especially because it's my first one (shameful given that I'm a senior), but since I've been so busy this week, I really wish I could just relax instead. Nevertheless, I will try my best to enjoy it and be productive.

I think I have other thoughts I could leave here; unfortunately I don't quite remember them. I'll most likely make another post after The Big Event, so I'll include any latent thoughts then.

No comments:

Post a Comment